HOW TO BECOME A WAVE MEMBER
Women’s organizations but also individuals from all over Europe are encouraged to apply for membership of the WAVE Network.
For a successful application, potential members have to fulfill the following criteria:
- The applying organization should be, although not required, an umbrella organization of women’s NGOs, such as women’s shelters, women’s centres, women’s helplines or women’s NGOs, or individuals, such as experts or researchers, working in a specific thematic area related to women’s rights, including violence against women, violence against migrant or refugee women and their protection from violence, among others.
- The applicant has to be committed to combating violence against women and their children, and to have gender/feminist approach in its work.
- As key information channel for the WAVE Network, the applicant should have access to a wide national network.
If you are interested in becoming a WAVE Member, here are the steps to follow to become a member of the WAVE Network!
- Please contact the WAVE Office, with a membership request.
- Following your request you will be asked, to fill out a short questionnaire about your person/your organization (i.e. aims and objectives, activities carried out).
- The information received will be distributed to the existing WAVE Members, who have the right to comment on the application. Based on their comments, and on the WAVE Statutes, the WAVE office will submit the application to the WAVE Board, who has final decision rights.
- If your application is successful, you will receive an e-mail from the WAVE Office, along with an official confirmation letter, which should be signed and returned to the WAVE Office.
Find out more about the role, activities and tasks of the WAVE members here (Information for WAVE Members), but also about membership fees (PDF Membership Fees). Furthermore, please find here also the WAVE Statutes and the setting of the WAVE Board.
Interested in becoming a WAVE Member? Contact the WAVE Office.